Regardless of your situation and/or circumstances – I want to tell you 3 words – Don’t Give Up!!!
· Don’t give up on the child who refuses to listen
· Don’t give upon a dream you’ve never accomplished
· Don’t give up on a hope that seems hopeless
· Don’t give up on a spouse that you think is too far gone for you to ever love
· Don’t give up searching out that great friend you’ve always longed for
God sees all that you’re pursuing. He knows the desires of your heart. He cares for each and every one of them.
And God loves you. I fear this sounds to elementary, like wasted words and that somehow, like one of our children might say: I know this already. Tell me something I don’t know. . .
But do you really know?
Jesus loving you and dying for you is the equivalent of Him jumping in between you and an assault, pushing you out of harm’s way so He can take the blow, and entering a war that feels like a huge loss, all so that you can be lifted above it.
It is like JESUS jumping into the scene of your life to fix it, permanently and eternally.
If He cared for you that much, doesn’t he still care for you that much — today?
Don’t give up: on Him, on you or on those around you.
To not give up means to keep going. It means that when you feel – worn out – tried – icky – you don’t stop – you keep going. Note Give UP – dos not mean you quick working hard – or you stop doing ore – or sweating it out — it means you continue to Pursue Him with all your heart. It means keep your time with Him – meeting Him around the Lord’s Table – – Not Give UP means not letting the schedules of life encroach on JESUS territory.
This is not giving up.
Living in His love gives hearts new air to breathe, room to move, and a helping hand up.
“Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn.” (Ps. 37:4-6)
Ashley, Penny, Dee, Tammy and Bailyee enjoyed the spiritual smorgasbord last weekend in St. Louis hosted by Joyce Meyer…..sure they returned with their cups overflowing…………….Last week we had 3 members playing in 3 separate golf tournaments – Vern – Madison and Ross….playing in 3 different cities — from Columbia – to Troy – to Spartanburg, S.C……………..The Faddis family were involved in a fender bender over the weekend – and the only thing hurt was the vehicle which is not drivable….We praise Jesus for protecting them – we all know cars and be fixed and/or replaced……………..Discovery is in process of developing a church directory – for some it will be electronic – for others it will be a hard copy – and maybe for some both…..If you haven’t filled contact information and submitted it – please take care of business this weekend…..you might talk with Doug or Connie for further info…………….Thanks to all who are bringing non-perishable’s for the Blessing Box. For some reason – the community has not been so eager this week – as we have not filled it since Sunday. Might slow down a bit – and wait till further notice in E-News to pick it back up again……………Grateful for our young folk who have recently demonstrated Godly Character – your example tells me a couple things —— at home and at church God’s truths are making a wonderful difference in your lives – and also – eyes are always on you observing your behavior – good or bad….thanks for your positive example………….. Have you seen our Church Sign this week?……………Hopefully and prayerfully our neighbors will not only see it – but understand that we are not a church of perfect people – but of broken beggars letting others know where there is bread.
This Saturday at Discovery – beginning at 1:00 PM there will be a memorial service for Stacy Helms. Stage 4 cancer took her life at age 45. She was the daughter-n-law of M/M Ron Kendall of our church….If you are unable to celebrate Stacy’s life with us – please pray for the family as they go through the valley of the shadow of death.
This weekend will be a wonderful, beautiful and challenging study – what we know is that all the information of Psalm 22 applies first of all to DAVID – then 2nd of all to Christ. Thinking of the crucifixion of Jesus – it sounds like the author of Psalm 22 was sitting at the foot of the cross when he wrote….
This Psalm is faith-building – David wrote it 1,000 years before Jesus was born – yet it was pin-point accurate in its description of the death of Jesus Christ.
I am looking forward to breaking bread with you in the Lord’s Supper and deepening our faith as we study the story of Christ’s death.
General Fund $867.00
Building Fund $100.00
Mission to Homeless $ 16.36
· Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
· Dele Williams – bless her heart – in Nigeria tomorrow (Friday) they will lay her mother to rest. Dele can’t make this 6,000 trip — our prayers go UP for her and her family during this period of sadness.
· Next week we have a training session to start another D-Group. Pray this venture will result in others finding hope – love – security – friendship and joy in the Holy Spirit
· Living inland – we are so blessed – but our brothers and sisters in Puerto Rico — Turks/Cacao Islands – as well as those in the Keys – and southern Texas are not so lucky…..things are desperate – please pick a location and pray for rescue efforts – getting water – food – medical supplies where needed
· Rev 2:4 “But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first![a] Discovery – lift up a precious soul you haven’t seen in church recently and bring them before the throne of Grace?
· 2 Chron 7:14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
· Our Yellow Duck sits awaiting your generous gift. We are now helping Turning Point minister to the Homeless….They work through Wilkes Blvd Methodist church. PLEASE – PLEASE – would you give the equivalent of one meal to the yellow duck this week so another can enjoy what you take for granted.
The following passage is what our D-Groups will study next week and what our Celebration Service will be built from!!!
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
5You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.
The thought for today –
Somebody, somewhere is
Depending on you
To do what
God has called You to do