Annie and I watch “The Weather Channel” everyday. Why? We have children in southern Texas and one outside Washington, D.C. If we see issues they need to be aware we will text them accordingly. Recently, the rain has come down breaking several records in the Southeast. You have seen the same images that I have seen. Most recent we have seen a lady drive her Honda Van into deep water in Arizona and get stuck – she climbed into the back seat – help came and she was rescued. Arizona has a Stupid Driving law that if you take risks and call for help it is a $2,000 fine.
Obviously most people in the West – Southwest and Southeast were rescued….I see these events as a microcosm of the business of the church. There are so many today in every community caught up in the “Floods of Life.” We, the CHURCH have been sent to “rescue the perishing”……”care for the dying”…..all of us are on a RESCUE mission as the entire world is rushing into eternity. Most people are so grateful if they are rescued from a floating or sinking car – but seem to have no interest that they are close to losing their eternal soul to Satan for eternity. This should never change our mission – purpose – or goals…..
If you are in the midst of a storm, hopefully the scriptures below will give comfort and strength. So here are some of God’s sweet and precious promises to encourage you today:
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you… (Isaiah 43:2)
- For You have been a strength to the poor, A strength to the needy in his distress, A refuge from the storm… (Isaiah 25:4)
- And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge and for a shelter from storm and rain. (Isaiah 4:6 )
- The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. (Nahum 1:7)
- For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)
Hang on to His promises, sweet friends. Let’s help one another – and let’s reach out to help those in Northeast Columbia. Are you “all-in”?
· Please lift up our daughter Heather – she lives in Austin, TX — has a sonogram today. At this point she is “high-risk” in her pregnancy. If everything looks good today – she will meet with a High Risk Dr. Monday and plan delivery…..Annie and I will be driving to their home the day of Selah’s birth. (We will have Granddaughter #5) ….. Thanks
· Jackie’s sister Margie – still struggling
· Karen’s brother Jimmy – in the Med Center – Columbia
· Our Military personnel – Patrick Fleenor – San Diego, CA – Kirsten Yoder – Pensacola, Fla
· 12 youth to begin attending Discovery whoa ar under 12 years of age
· We all become the “hands/feet” of Jesus as we touch broken humanity throughout the week
· Continue to lift up those who have Lost their 1st Love. (Rev 2:4)
· God’s blessing on our 7 D-Groups….
· There are a few people who have some issues with what is going round – might say a pray for them: Annie — Eileen —-Sammie —Kay —-
· Peg has been in Eastern Tennessee the past week – sharing with her brother – she asked for prayer for him as well as her flight both ways….
The Gospel According to Abraham takes us into Gen 22 – one of the greatest chapters in the Bible…..if there ever was a prototype of Redemptive History – it is this chapter….from beginning to end – there are many parallels of what we see illustrated by both Abraham and Isaac with the New Testament application of Jesus and God….
This chapter is exciting — as we see a mature faith moving forward in obedience to God……even though God’s command seems 180 degrees of everything God has taught and believes.
Why would God demand his servant to kill his child of promise?
Why would Abraham demand his servants wait at the foot of the mountain and he with Isaac go to the top of the mountain to worship?
What does Jehovah Jireh mean and how is it applied in Gen 22 as well as at Calvary in the New Testament?
Trust you are planning to be with us either this Saturday evening at 5:00 PM – or Sunday AM at 10:00?
This old man just got another year older yesterday — smothered on Facebook by well-wishers…..heard from the 5 churches I’ve worked with over the years – and 1 missionary from Ethiopia…..indeed a blessed man. My day ended with a scrumptious dinner at Amee and Deiter’s….…………..Running Tom – is at it again – he will be running a Marathon this weekend in Blue Springs….Tom, just ran a Marathon last Saturday in Indianapolis – and finished FIRST in his age category —- we applaud and acknowledge that – bless you Tom…you are an inspiration to all of us……………Kaylee Faddis is starting on her 7th grade basketball team at Oakland….Tuesday evening – her season began. She played good defense and scored…………PTL….Shelby Baker will begin training a week from Monday for a role as Assist. Manager with Breaktime. This will be a real blessing to the Baker family…………I am grateful for Jackie’s help, with the Child Dedication last weekend. Jackie began working with Discovery the first weekend of October as our Children’s Director. If you haven’t noticed the creations in the west classroom – take a peek this weekend. So welcoming — and so pleasant……………Our heart rejoices to see several Christians attending again with us at our weekend Celebration service….so blessed to worship together again……………
Gen 24:34-44 “I am Abraham’s servant,” he explained. 35 “And the LORD has greatly blessed my master; he has become a wealthy man. The LORD has given him flocks of sheep and goats, herds of cattle, a fortune in silver and gold, and many male and female servants and camels and donkeys. 36 “When Sarah, my master’s wife, was very old, she gave birth to my master’s son, and my master has given him everything he owns. 37 And my master made me take an oath. He said, ‘Do not allow my son to marry one of these local Canaanite women. 38 Go instead to my father’s house, to my relatives, and find a wife there for my son.’ 39 “But I said to my master, ‘What if I can’t find a young woman who is willing to go back with me?’
40 He responded, ‘The LORD, in whose presence I have lived, will send his angel with you and will make your mission successful. Yes, you must find a wife for my son from among my relatives, from my father’s family. 41 Then you will have fulfilled your obligation. But if you go to my relatives and they refuse to let her go with you, you will be free from my oath.’ 42 “So today when I came to the spring, I prayed this prayer: ‘O LORD, God of my master, Abraham, please give me success on this mission. 43 See, I am standing here beside this spring. This is my request. When a young woman comes to draw water, I will say to her, “Please give me a little drink of water from your jug.” 44 If she says, “Yes, have a drink, and I will draw water for your camels, too,” let her be the one you have selected to be the wife of my master’s son.’